Half Day Private MacDonnell Ranges. Afternoon Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Alice Springs, NT
- Product code: HDMRTPM
This private guided tour takes 4.5 hours and visits spectacular scenery unique to Central Australia. Travel to the West and East of Alice Springs through three stunning locations in the MacDonnell Ranges on a fully guided private tour.
Stroll through the shady creek bed and take in the cool air of Simpsons Gap with the rare black footed rock wallaby grazing on the rocky slopes.
A picturesque drive then takes us to the stunning Standley Chasm walk, where culture and ancient rock formations combine in a dramatic display. On return enjoy a delicious homemade morning tea.
Then we head through Honeymoon Gap and the rugged Ilparpa Range to Emily Gap, home to Yeperenye Caterpillar dreaming to view the ancient rock art site.
- Rare Black Footed Rock Wallabies
- Dry riverbeds
- Simpsons Gap
- Beautiful river red gums
- Ancient springs
- Standley Chasm
- Relict Plants
- Native birds and lizards
- Sacred rock art
- Experienced, local guide
- Delicious morning Tea: scones & fruit platter, barista coffee, tea or cold drink
- Pick up at Alice Springs accommodation, time to be confirmed 24hrs prior to departure via e-mail
- Drop off in town or at Alice Springs accommodation
- Unlimited bottled water
- Entry fee to Standley Chasm